Direct and indirect adhesive management through a non invasive approach.
with Dr. Riccardo Ammannato, EAED Active Member
The evolution of composite materials together with adhesive techniques are meeting the requests of patients, who ask less invasive therapies combined with highly esthetic results in posterior and anterior. The range of restorative options, is getting wider, thanks to composite that can adequately respond to mechanical stress, offering natural aesthetics and an effective adhesion when treated with specific protocols.
The purpose of this lecture is to provide a protocol to diagnose and treat worn dentition through a new no prep approach increasing the VDO: “The Index technique”.
Indications and protocols for partial indirect restorations (composite and ceramic) will also be addressed.
All the step by step protocols will be addressed through images and videos in order to have a clear over view of this technique.
Financial costs and sessions for the patient are also very low compared to conventional prosthodontics.
The speaker will do a live demonstration on a cast. The attendees eventually could also do a hands-on session.
Attendees will learn:
- How to plan the case increasing the VDO through an esthetic and functional analysis.
- The indications for the Index Technique.
- How to plan a full wax up on the anterior and posterior sextants.
- The temporary procedures through the white mock ups.
- Learn how to prepare a clear index on the “restorative wax up”.
- Learn how to cut and manage the clear index before and while the restorative procedures are carried out.
- The adhesive procedures on a no prep worn dentition.
- Learn how to “copy and paste” the composite restorations on the worn dentition.
- When and how to bond additive partial indirect restorations (composite and ceramic) on severe worn dentition.
SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
Dr. Riccardo Ammannato Graduated at Genoa University (Italy) in 1999.
Internship at the Department of Operative and Restorative Dentistry, University of Zurich under the guidance of Prof. F. Lutz; studying adhesive dentistry and its applications in operative and prosthetic dentistry.
Teacher at University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy) in Restorative and Esthetic Dentistry. Direct by Prof F. Mangani.
Active Member of the European Academy Esthetic Dentistry (EAED); Active Member of the Italian Academy of Operative AIC (Accademia Italiana di Conservativa) since; Active Member of the Italian Academy Esthetic Dentistry (IAED).
Author of articles on adhesive and restorative dentistry and speaker in international courses and congresses.
He currently practices at his office in Genoa, with multidisciplinary approach, but focusing on esthetics and restorative dentistry.